Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Kitty Update

Evie is doing much better! She came down with a fever, so the vet prescribed two different liquid antibiotics (yea for me!). While I'm trying to hold her down to shove icky Pepto-Bismol pink looking antibiotics down her throat, I was thinking... "Where's Jason when I need him?!" :-) He always handled all animal issues which meant me never giving a cat a pill or shoving liquid stuff down their throats.

On with the update... the antibiotics worked to bring down her fever and since they did, I canceled the appointment I had with the specialist to get the ultrasound done. That, by the way, was going to cost $560. So far, she seems to be maintaining her health and she's been acting normal. The vet said that if she stops eating again and is acting sick, I should take her to the internist. It's been about a week since she's seemed better, so I'm hoping she had some intestinal bug that the medicine cleared up and we're home free for now.

Thanks to everyone who has been asking about her!! I should post a picture. It's been a while. I'll try to do that tonight!

No comments: