After returning from Vegas, I went over to Chris' house a few times to help him start cleaning out his garage. Other than that, I haven't really done a whole lot. The last few days, I've been on jury duty and officially got put on a case yesterday.
So I've decided I need to make a "to-do list" of what I want to do while I'm not working. Some of them are totally practical, some are completely pie-in-the-sky-weird and some are just miscellaneous notes to myself. Either way, the to-do list, which I used all the time while working, is going to become essential to getting stuff done while I'm job-free.
- Read some books: some poker books, Your Money or Your Life, Getting Things Done, the Four-Hour Workweek, Eat Pray Love, and more to add I'm sure...
- Watch some movies: Catching up on my Netflix list would be awesome... but that's to fill in the cracks.
- Travel: May - Kauai, June - Atlanta for Oasis of Fun, July - Williamsburg, VA for Gulf Games, August - NorCal for MeepleFest. There's a decent chance I might take a road trip to the east coast for Oasis of Fun and just bum around over on that side of the country until Gulf Games about a month later. That would be fun. Just plain fun.
- Volunteer on a regular basis - I want to volunteer at least a couple times a month with local agencies. Most likely, it will be Project Angel Food (prepping food to deliver to homebound clients) and AIDS Project LA (food bagging or office work).
- Get rid of stuff out of my apartment.
- Eat through my pantry & freezer to save $$ on food.
- Figure out what I want to do for work - I could just get a job doing what I've been doing, but I've been contemplating what all my options are and I'm trying to figure out which direction I want to go. Do I want to make more money with more stress and responsibilities? Or settle for less money, but potentially much less stress? I'm hoping that I can read some books and do some soul-searching to figure this out.
- Floss more regularly.
- Learn some German.
- Learn Morse code (?) - this is inspired by that episode of the Amazing Race when the Asian couple got eliminated.
- Sleep a normal amount - I've been sleeping SOOOOOO much the last couple weeks. I need to stop oversleeping. It makes me feel lazy and unproductive. I also would like to keep a fairly "normal" schedule. I tend to lean towards the night owl side of the spectrum, so it's tough.
I'm sure there will be more and I'll just have to add them as I think of them.