Monday, July 17, 2006

"Ratio" Party

After games on Saturday, I went to a party. I wasn't sure I wanted to even GO to the party because the person who invited me called the hostess to see if it was OK to bring a girl. He had to check to make sure the # of guys vs. girls was OK. After hearing him ask about that, I started to have my doubts about whether or not I should even go! Who asks about the guy to girl ratio when asking to bring a guest to a party?? Someone suggested maybe it was a key party (which it wasn't! Thank goodness!). The invitor then asked me if I consider that when inviting people for my parties and I said, "No, I don't! I just invite whoever I want to come and then whoever shows up is it!" Later I started wondering if I should keep that in mind... I will have to consider that for the next party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did it really seem to make a difference to the party? yours usually seem to go pretty well, and are a good mix, so I don't see that it would be necessary, unless you want dancing or something. and while your living room is big, it's not that big. :)

Stephanie said...

I don't think it made a big difference. There was plenty of talking, drinking and munching, just the same as any party I've had. Granted, I think my parties tend to be sort of balanced as far as the M:F ratio goes, so maybe that's why? I've just never given any thought to it. I'll have to think about that for the next guest list! :-P