Sunday, July 16, 2006

Games and more games

Yesterday, the SoCalGamers had their second all day open gaming session in Long Beach. It was a small turnout, but I met some good people. One was a completely new person, new to the OC/LA area, and he was pretty good with the gaming. I had fun, but I think having more people would be better. I think the So Cal Games Days usually bring in about 80-90 folks and this one had about 25-30 people. I am hoping that once Patrick gets the word out a bit more and it becomes more of a regular function, then more people will turn up!

I finally got to play RoboRally too, which was recommended to me last year by my Lingo competitor Andrew. I can see the appeal of it and I did enjoy playing it. We just played with one board and 3 flags. Next time, I'd like to try the more complicated version to see if I could work it out. It looks like it just spiral out of control quickly! And from the looks of some of the boards, it literally looks like you'd spiral into a slow and painful death!

I'm really looking forward to the next So Cal Games Day in August! Yea!

No comments: