Friday, November 30, 2007

Plans for the Weekend

I did nothing productive tonight except clearing out some memory on my TiVo by catching up on Heroes! The season has improved.

I'm really feeling the urge to purge! I stopped by an open house last Sunday after church because I've been gettin' the itch to buy a house. I chatted with the owner/seller for about an hour and during the course of the hour, we talked about living a simpler life. She said she listened to a book on CD where the guy (Wayne Dyer maybe?) said that you only use about 20% of your stuff. It's true. I was already feeling the need to purge the closets and shelves, but even more so now!!

The plan is to clear out some space in my drawers and be ruthless about the game closet. Some of them have never even been opened, especially the old "American" style ones. Those are definitely going to the Goodwill so I can free up some precious shelf space! I'll probably do that while I'm waiting for the cable guy to show up. Yes, you heard correctly. By 4 PM tomorrow afternoon, I will have clear television reception! Yea! I have plans to hang out with Travis tomorrow night, though I'm not sure yet what we'll be doing.

Sunday morning is church (oh, that requires a post!) with Shane and then maybe some band practice? I need to email my bandmates to see if they're free... For a weekend that I tried NOT to plan, I haven't been very successful. At least I have all day tomorrow at home!

Other to do items I need to squeeze into this weekend:
  • Birthday gift for my nephew
  • Make Christmas list
  • Decide about Christmas cards
  • Bake cookies
  • Buy shelves for my kitchen pantry
Man, I better get to bed!

2 comments:

Mischa said...

If you're giving away games.... *wink wink nudge nudge* don't forget about your friends on the other edge of the country.

I find the Unclutterer blog a good source of information.

Anonymous said...

Definitely don't forget your friends whose game closets are bare! And, if you have board games without takers, A Window Between Worlds is asking for donations of game boards for the art projects they do to help battered women and children move beyond the trauma and build a better future.