Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thanksgiving is right around the corner

OK, Thanksgiving isn't really right around the corner, but it feels like it. I've already started contemplating what I should do this year for Thanksgiving.

While married, I usually went to my mother-in-law's house for T-day dinner. She is an excellent cook and it was usually fun to catch up with my husband's family.

Last year, I knew things were headed for splitsville, so I decided cook my own T-day dinner for my side of the family and some friends and we had such a good time! It was the best Thanksgiving I think we ever had because we talked, laughed, ate yummy food and just enjoyed each other's company without any of the family BS that seemed to come out sometimes at his mom's house.

Well, this year, I'm not dating anyone and I don't have any family left in the area really and I don't know that I want to travel over that weekend, so I am contemplating having another T-day dinner at my apartment. It would be small and cozy, but I know a few people who are planning on being in town and I could find more I'm sure. Someone suggested doing a MyPC event to get people who are leftover in town and I may very well do that. We'll see how many people I find who are left in town before I do that. Oh! And maybe I'll host an all day games event the following day to help eat up all the leftovers!!

I loved the menu from last year, so I will probably stick to something very similar. It's not the turkey that makes the dinner, it's all the sides and the gravy. Mmmmm...

1 comment:

Jenn S. said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one already contemplating their Turkey Day menu!
-Jenn
http://eating-in.blogspot.com