Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blind date

Here's what happens when you have free time on your hands at lunch...

Craiglist!

OK, so I saw an ad in the "men seeking women" category that simply said:

I love blind dates and want to go on one. HERE ARE THE RULES. Must be semi attractive, not BBW, have a job and not be under 23. This goes for me as well, I have to be semi attractive, not 300 pounds and have hair. So if you are game, let THE BLIND DATE CRAZYNESS BEGIN. I think this is so much fun and scary.


Well, I met all the "qualifications" so, I replied. And the scene has been set. I'm having my first official blind date at a dive bar on Sunday! Yes, I am crazy. The least I'll get out of it is an interesting experience right? Don't worry, I've told two people where I'm meeting him and when so they'll know where to look for my dead body. (OK, that's a little morbid, but I wouldn't be "worst case scenario woman" if I didn't think that!)

Now the weird thing about that last statement is that I'm a big contradiction! While I am worst case scenario woman, I'm also WILDLY optimistic. How do those two reconcile in my mind? I have no idea.

UPDATE: He emailed me because he was confused about some of his plans, so it's been rescheduled to Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BBW? what the heck does that stand for?

Stephanie said...

Big beautiful woman - you know those ladies that are large and love it? Some guys are really into that. Don't ask me why!

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, I know. BBW is a much nicer term than what I've heard.