Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fall is upon us

I've gone hiking a couple times since Saturday and it's been great! I have never really tried hiking before and I'd have to say it's pretty enjoyable! Much better than just walking around on a track or doing the stairclimber at the gym. What I've noticed is that it is getting a little cooler which made me realize that it is now autumn!

I love fall. Truth be told, I love all the seasons - and living in southern California, I use the word "seasons" very lightly.

Here's what I love about fall:

It's the beginning of the holiday season! We get Halloween and Thanksgiving which will be followed up by a wintiferious Christmas! I don't know what I'm going to be for Halloween, but hopefully I'll figure it out soon!

It's football season! I don't sit glued to the TV, but I love having a game on and listening to everything while I do my mindless household tasks...

It's cool enough to cook hot food! Baking cookies, simmering soups, roasted vegetables and meat... mmmmmm...

I have a reason to knit! Who doesn't need a scarf or hat?

I get to wear all my warm clothes! They've been staring at me in my closet for months and now, I can wear them again!

No comments: