Thursday, October 19, 2006

Here's how the richer get richer...

OK, you know that saying: "It takes money to make money"?

Well, I started my Vanguard investment account about one month ago. Since then, my account (thanks to the stock market has just been out of control lately), has gone up 3.9%. In one month. That's crazy! My EmigrantDirect and ING accounts are paying about 4.9% per year.

So let's put that into some numbers, shall we?

Let's say I invested $1,000:
In my online savings account, after a month I'd have about $1,004.08.
In my Vanguard account, after a month I'd have about $1,039.00.

The downside is that the stock market could tank and then I'd be in trouble! But if it stays relatively stable or on an upward trend, I should be fine.

But it's easy to see how you can make money without doing more work if you have money to invest and let it do the work for you!

No comments: