Monday, October 23, 2006

Follow-up to the blind date

So, my blind date's name is Bo. He's from the South and somehow that fact makes it "OK" he's called Bo. I don't think I've ever met someone named Bo who wasn't from the South. He'll try to tell you he's from Missouri and that's not the South, but as far as I'm concerned, it still is!

Anyway, Bo did call to arrange a date for last Friday and I think we both had a great time! We went to one of my favorite dive bars in Burbank, the infamous Blue Room, and then hit up a karaoke bar called the Smogcutter in Silverlake that was awful... awfully good! They don't have any new songs, it's a small little room and we sang the worst rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody EVER! He was a good sport about it considering he says he hates karaoke. That, I believe, is a big, fat lie. He knew all the words to all those old songs they played. It was pretty fun. Then we went out to eat a bit and hung out for a while. I was so tired by the end of the date I was practically falling asleep on him. But, I think by that point, I had been awake for over 20 hours, so what do you expect?? I'm not the Energizer Bunny!

Overall though, the date was pretty cool. Oh and he likes my cats, so that's a plus! I think the thing I like the best about him is that he seems very dependable. I really like that in a guy. That is definitely one of my "must-haves".

No comments: