Friday, June 30, 2006

I miss having someone to cook for

I miss having someone to cook for! Since moving, I've hardly cooked! I've been going out quite a bit, so I've been eating out more than I usually do. Also, when I am home, it's hard to get motivated to cook for myself. I am more motivated to cook when I have friends coming over. Last week, I cooked stuffed chicken breasts that I really like because I had someone over for dinner. I really should make it just for myself, but it just seems like a lot of work just for myself. I guess if I was home more often, I wouldn't mind cooking taking up my time. Since I'm not home often, I'm spending that time doing laundry or cleaning up a bit.

Last night, Shane came over for dinner and to catch up on Rescue Me (man, I love that show!). I made this Korean chicken and potato dish that my mom taught me how to make, but I have no idea what it's called. It's really good. It's one of those recipes that I don't have a "recipe" for, just a list of ingredients and basic instructions. I know when to put which ingredients in and how to cook them. I was thinking that it would be helpful though to maybe try to quantify the recipe so I could share it with others. I've never had a reason to do that though. Maybe the next time I make it. My haphazard recipe will follow on my next post.

No comments: