Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dream Dinners Demo

Last night I went to a demonstration for Dream Dinners with a group of friends. It was fun. It's a really good concept and perfect for people who don't "like" to cook. They have stations set up in a room and they have recipes posted for each station along with the appropriate ingredients.

Here's what you do:
You get a gallon ziploc bag and put it in these buckets that look like the kind you see at a salad bar and fold the bag over the edges. Then you insert all the ingredients. I made "Chicken Provencal" so I basically put all the ingredients for the sauce in my bag and then attached a preprinted label with cooking instructions. They gave me a separate bag with 6 chicken breasts and a baggie of seasoned rice pilaf and I put ALL of that into a clean gallon ziploc bag. Normally, this would've cost $17, but I got it for free during this Dream Dinners demo.

The concept is great! I think it is perfect for someone who has basic cooking skills, but either doesn't really like to cook (all the prep and clean-up), doesn't "have the time" to cook something nutritious, or for someone who can follow directions, but doesn't have a lot of cooking experience.

I enjoyed making my dish and I would potentially do it again. The only drawback for me is the cost. I do enjoy cooking and don't mind doing all the planning and prepping and keeping the savings for myself. But for people who would normally eat fast food or eat out, this is a GREAT alternative. It's relatively healthy, totally customizable, and best of all... easy!! When I actually thaw out my food and cook it, I'll post a picture of it. It sounds good!

No comments: