Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm off to Missouri

I've never been to Missouri, but that will all change today! My friend Erin's mom has accused her of traveling on her stomach. I think that's why we get along so well. I've already planned out my restaurant of choice for Friday and Saturday.

What's on the menu? Well, I can't go to Kansas City without getting some barbecue! So it's straight to Jack Stack's BBQ we go as soon as I land. Then on Saturday, I'm going to Stroud's which has, according to Roadfood.com, the "most delicious fried chicken in America." How could I say no? Anyone who knows me, knows about my great love of fried chicken.

So, we'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I have only driven through, but what I saw was pretty.

Stephanie said...

It was quite pretty, very green. Hardly ANY traffic at all. Considering that there was an Obama rally downtown, we actually found a parking spot. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie!
I've been so busy lately I haven't stopped by your blog. If you like good fried chicken, you HAVE to come see me here in Jackson, MS. We've got a restaurant here that won a top ten award from Southern Living Magazine for the Best Fried Chicken. You know that's quite the prize here in the deep south. http://www.juleprestaurant.com/

Any way, just stopping in to see how you're doing -- you seem to be busy & happy - as usual!

--- Carolyn