Monday, April 02, 2007

Getting back into eHarmony

I was feeling very overwhelmed in February with eHarmony. I had several guys that I was communicating with and I just felt like I didn't have time to deal with all of them, much less get new ones, so I requested that eHarmony stop sending me matches. Plus, I was getting ready for my big trip, so I felt like I had even less time to try to meet with any of them.

Now that I'm back from my whirlwind of gaming conventions and finishing up my work issues, I think I'm ready to start at it again. I told eHarmony to start sending matches again and recontacted the guys I'm already communicating with to schedule times to meet so I can see if I click with any of them.

I'm also going to be more discerning. I usually don't close matches, but I think I'm going to be a bit more liberal with them. I usually want to close a match when I see the guy works out 7 days a week or does all kinds of extreme sports because I just think to myself, "Wow, I'm SO not into that!" And I expect that most likely, he'll want a partner who shares his interest in lots of physical activity, which I clearly don't. I don't think playing board games falls into any kind of physical activity. It's the anti-physical activity hobby because you're usually drinking something and munching while doing it!

We'll see how it goes. If I put forth the effort, at least I won't always wonder about it.

No comments: