Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It really IS a small world!

The Sherman brothers had it right, "It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!"

I was marveling just a few weeks ago at the weird coincidence of meeting someone who used to live in my very apartment two tenants before me. Well, this past weekend, my friend Seth and I were discussing some stuff and I mentioned Andrew "Rif" Hutchings who was on the opposing team for my second Lingo appearance. Turns out Seth knows him, is friends with him, just played games over the Christmas holidays with him.

I think Chris was right when he commented on that apartment post:
"Statistically, you should have a one-in-a-million occurance happen every couple of months or so. Plus, living in a big city like LA just seems to make that sort of thing more likely."

Well, it hasn't even been a couple months and it's happened again. Rif goes to grad school in NY & came out the LA to film a game show (that's where I met him). Meanwhile, I met Seth (who lives in Tucson) in Dallas last November at a gaming convention and later found out that they not only know each other, but they're friends. They went to high school together.

I guess I should officially stop being surprised now. But I don't think I can! If it happens one more time in the next month, then I guess I'll be forced to accept it.

No comments: