Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's my work anniversary

Today is my work anniversary! I've been here for 11 years. Sometimes that just seems impossible. When I got this job, I never would've imagined I would stay for this long. I don't even think I was that great of an employee. I was young when I started, so there were lots of late nights, almost falling asleep at the front desk, tons of tardies... yes, I was NOT an ideal employee. All the jobs I had had before this one were your typical high school/college type jobs. Lots of waitressing and that sort of stuff... In fact, I was waitressing at Marie Callender's when my previous boss (one of my regulars) told me there was an opening for the receptionist position and I applied just because I figured I'd try a "regular" job. From there, I learned how to do more and more stuff and now I'm one of the problem solvers!

I guess time flies when you're having fun.

2 comments:

Mark Johnson said...

Hey, cool! I just hit my 8-year anniversary at my job earlier this month. Although I worked for six years somewhere else, plus another year or two at other places. Still, it's a milestone and the time has really flown by. Every job I've had I thought would be the one I'd retire from 30 years later, but this time I might just be right.

Stephanie said...

So theoretically, you're halfway through your career!! :-)

There's a lady that's been here for over 30 years. She's been working here longer than I've been alive!!