Friday, May 12, 2006

I have too much stuff...

There is nothing like moving to slap you in the face to say, "Hey, you have too much stuff!!" As I packed up my kitchen last night, I realized that maybe five small boxes and three big ones is too much. That's not including the glassware and dishes I already took over last weekend or the Corningware I need to pack tonight. I think the kitchen has generated the most boxes out of any room in the house. When I was sharing this with Shane last night, she said, "I'm not surprised!"

Once I get settled in, I'll see how much of it I actually use and then declutter some more. With everything else going on, decluttering has been far, far, far away from my daily thinking.

On a fun (for someone who likes cooking) note, my brand new refrigerator is being delivered today! Here's what it will look like:

Refrigerator

I almost bought one that looks EXACTLY like the one I've had for the last 10 years, but decided to go with a different color and with contoured doors. I was planning on buying a used refrigerator, but I figured it was going to be more hassle than it was worth. After looking into a few refrigerators on Craigslist, emailing to find out more info because people just cannot post all the pertinent info on the front end, I decided it would be easier to just buy a new one. Plus, they can deliver it! Major plus to not have to ask friends to drag a refrigerator upstairs. I'll take a picture once it's installed today. Then I'll have to call a plumber to see if they can hook up a water line so that I can have ice and chilled water. It has an internal water dispener, a new development in top freezer fridges since I bought my last one.

No comments: