Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Date #5.4 Recap

I could go over everything that we did and talked about, but I think the bigger picture is this. I am attracted to him and I would be interested in spending more time with him, but there was a minor incident that made me go "Hmmm..." (just like that C+C Music Factory song!).

I won't bother with the details, but something happened that was just odd. I asked him about it a little later in the evening and he told me why and what had happened, but if it's the truth, it's just weird I guess. At this point, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it is the truth, but I'm definitely going to be watching for any else that even smells like an untruth.

On Saturday, I was feeling like something was a little amiss. I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly, but I have some ideas of what it could be. I was feeling stressed about it until I realized that there is no reason to be stressed about it. The worst thing that happens is what? We stop seeing each other. At this point, certainly not a big deal. That combined with the "maybe lie" is making me glad we're taking it slow and just trying to get to know one another better.

Since our date, he texted me on Saturday afternoon to let me know that he had a good time on Friday and then called me on Sunday to set up our next date, which will be this Wednesday evening. I think that's what the confusing part is. On one hand, I am getting a weird vibe, but then on the other hand, he keeps calling me and asking me out. So, maybe it's nothing, or maybe it's something. Either way, my guess is that it'll get resolved somehow over the next few dates.

Meanwhile, my date for Sunday night had to reschedule, so we're going out on Thursday night instead.

No comments: