Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Parlez-vous Français?

Oui, je parle Français! At least, in theory I can. I took four years of French in high school and then took a year and a half during college. The last class I took was approximately 13 years ago. Wow. It sounds so long ago when I put it like that!

My friend Ron and I are planning a trip to Paris and Germany this fall and he's taken it upon himself to learn German by listening to these German language podcasts. Meanwhile, my job is to brush up on my French!

I saw an ad last week on Craigslist for someone looking for to exchange practicing French with an English speaking person. So we met up for coffee last weekend and had a blast! She's French and teaches at a French high school and says my French is pretty good! And I'm helping her with her pronounciation. We're meeting again this weekend. I should be much better by the time of my trip!

No comments: