Thursday, June 28, 2007

Date #5.3: Doin' it up Bachelor-Style

Last night was my third date with #5 from eHarmony. Thank you to all the well-wishers!

The arrival: I arrived at his house a few minutes late because I stopped at home to brush my teeth and change into jeans and a cute top. When I got there and saw him in shorts and a t-shirt, I had wished I'd worn shorts because it was a bit warm. Luckily, he turned on the A/C after I got there.

The menu: Not the tuna-salsa combo I was ready for! But we did it up bachelor-style anyway with some baby carrots and pepperoni slices (mmmm... I love my salty meat! Don't go there R!) as an "appetizer." For dinner, we had boneless, skinless chicken breasts (salt & peppered) cooked on a little George Foreman grill!

The abode/red flags: He has a very cute house that is, wait for it... neat as a pin. Here's finally that red flag I've been kinda waiting for. He's a neat freak. Not a clean freak, just a neat freak. I did not see once stray piece of mail hanging out on any flat surface of the house. Why does that happen? I am so NOT a neat freak (even though I've improved), and yet it seems like I tend to be attracted to them and vice versa. Also, I don't think he's super-social. He said that he much prefers small groups and one-on-one vs. big groups of people. I don't think it's a major problem, but one I'm going to keep an eye on.

The game: When I told Davebo that I was planning on playing Thurn & Taxis, he discouraged that and instead suggested Ticket to Ride, a game that I had not even considered. Once he said it though, it clicked. I knew that was the better choice. #5 said that he did enjoy it, which is a good thing. He's really into WWII, so what I *really* need to do is play Memoir '44 and try that with him.

The end: After the game, we went in the backyard to play with his chocolate lab and then he kissed me! It was good. Back inside, there was more kissing and I ended up getting home, well, let's just say, a bit later than I had planned. Who needs sleep anyway? We seemed to have pretty good chemistry, which is essential in my book. When I left, there was little doubt in my mind that he would be calling for a fourth date.

The follow-up: He emailed me this morning to let me know that he owed me a "good dinner" and asked if I was free Sunday night. I'll be coming back from Denver late that night, so we're going to try to set something up for next week.

The verdict? Obviously, it's going pretty well. He isn't seriously dating anyone at the moment, just some casual dates (I'm in the same boat), so until he's expressing more of an interest to date exclusively or we've talked about it to some degree, I think I'll go ahead and follow up with my other eHarmony guys. Especially since my subscription is ending around mid-July. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him next week.

No comments: