Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Our first spontaneous date

Last night, I was sitting at home watching TV on DVD (Arrested Development Season 2 - thanks A!!) and my phone rang. I saw it was #5 so I ignored it (mainly because I was feeling grouchy about him in general). He left a message and then called again a little bit later, so this time I answered it.

He asked what I was doing, so I told him. Then he asked if I'd want to go for a walk with him and his pup. I said, "Sure." He picked me up and we walked and talked about what was bothering me. I had a hard time at first communicating it because I'd been having a very difficult time pinpointing what exactly was bothering me. But then I kind of flubbed through the random tidbits I could tell him. Even though nothing was really "resolved," it was good to discuss them with him.

I am a planner, there's no doubt about that, but it was nice to have him just call me up and for us to take the dog for a walk and talk. I really enjoyed it.

No comments: