Monday, August 20, 2007

My kitty is sick!

I was somewhat busy this past weekend and when I got home late Sunday night, I noticed that my kitty Evie was acting weird. First off, she always greets me at the door, which she did not do on Sunday night. I noticed that and looked for her and she was laying a bit awkwardly behind the dining room table. She wobbly walked over to the cat box to pee and then plopped herself back down next to the water. She was still in the same spot when I woke up, which is also weird because she is usually planted right next to me at bedtime.

I have no idea what could be wrong with her, but I made an appointment to take her to the vet at noon today. It's a new vet for me, but I have a friend who goes there. We'll see what they can figure out!


Update: I took her to the vet and she doesn't have a fever. The vet couldn't tell what was wrong with her from looking at her, so she took some blood and rehydrated her (since she was a little dehydrated). I'm in the process of trying to collect a urine sample too. FUN! I have Evie locked up in the bathroom with some food and water and a makeshift litter box with fake kitty litter in it. I hope she uses it while I'm gone. All I know is that she isn't interested in eating which is REALLY weird for my cats. They are usually pigs (in cats' clothing...)! Total cost so far? $242

1 comment:

Seth Jaffee said...

Diana's cat wasn't eating either! I hope Evie is OK...

As for pigs in cats' clothing: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_tiger_and_piglets.htm