Friday, August 17, 2007

It's over... sorta

I talked to #5 on the phone last night for three hours! We basically came to the conclusion we are not matched up as far as the pacing of the relationship is concerned. While I'm a more "jump in and go" type (when I think I like someone), he needs more time to figure out if he can be serious about someone... A LOT more time. Which is fine, it just means we're not a match at this point. I do like him and I know he likes me, so I told him that he is welcome to call me and we can still talk and maybe get to know each other better gradually, but I'm going to go out with other people and he can't get mad about it. So, we're going with the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

I was so relieved when I got off the phone! Now I can quit trying to figure him out. Partly because we're not going to be dating on a serious level and partly because I found out more about him and his thinking processes last night. I think it's for the best. He said that he would call me, so I will wait and let him make that first move to see if he was serious about keeping in touch and talking. At this point, I honestly could go either way.

No comments: