Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Short-term goals

Wow, at the beginning of the year, I had big ideas of making New Year's Resolutions... Well, it never really happened! I've been incredibly busy with work and it's really cut into my personal time. I am not happy about that, but that's just how it is right now.

So, my goals for the next two weeks are to be positive (about work and love) and get my 10,000 steps in a day. It's really pathetic how few steps I get if I'm not making an effort to do something about it. Today, I logged 10,672 steps. Of those, I had 8,100 aerobic steps, which were steps I took while walking for exercise. I walked on my two 15 minute breaks at work and then for 40 minutes after work. Without those conscious exercise-y steps, I would've clocked a measly 2,500 steps!!

Getting 10,000 steps in a day might not be realistic, but I need to make an effort to bump it up. I can tell I've put on a few pounds since New Year's and it's unacceptable!

No comments: