Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vacation update

Well, my time here in Colorado is coming to an end!

On Sunday, we did go to the taste of Colorado down in Denver and it was fun. It was pretty crowded, but managed to check out most of the booths and get some yummy food. I had a plate of Indian food, roasted corn and mini donuts sprinkled with cinnamin and sugar. Everything was pretty good. I also got to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and they sounded pretty good. The sound guys did a great job of setting up the system.

After that, we went to the indoor glow-in-the-dark miniature golf place. Evan and Neal both got a hole-in-one. Neal ended up winning thanks to that!

We went to a Mexican restaurant for happy hour after that and then over to Dave & Buster's where I think I may have gotten my highest score ever on Super Shot (those mini basketball games where the basket moves). Neal and I were playing the continuous one and the basket moves forward and back all throughout and I scored 54 pts! I was on fire. I never realized that I just needed a little alcohol to get better at the basketball! We also played my favorite boxing game there, DDR, skeeball and other stuff. And for some reason, D&B was giving me free games. I bought 135 credits, but some of the games were free. I have no idea why.

Then we checked out their Super Target. It's called "Super" because they sell full groceries there. They have a deli, meat department, everything! It looked OK. The prices on some stuff was less, but not on other things. Convenient though, to be able to do all your household shopping in one place.

On Monday, we didn't do much after doing so much on Sunday. Evan's been sick while I've been here, so he's not going to school today. So, we have our last morning together before they drop me off at the airport around 1 PM.

No comments: