Thursday, September 07, 2006

Spam and such

It worked out fine, but it turned out that Ron hadn't slept at all either, so both of us were running on empty as far as sleep was concerned for us. We stopped at Carl's jr. on the way to the airport to pick up something to munch on. We got all checked in and on board to San Fran and I promptly passed out for the hour or so of the flight. That really did wonders because I think I only slept the last couple hours of the San Fran to Honolulu flight simply because I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be having not slept the night before.

Well, I've been in Hawaii for less than 12 hours and I've managed to eat pork in three forms and one of them was, yes, Spam! I had a "bento" plate from LocoMoco. The bento plate consists of Spam, chicken katsu (fried and boneless), deep fried mahi and steak teriyaki, all served with white rice for less than $6. The steak teriyaki was the best part of the plate.

For dinner we went to Zippy's and I had lau lau and pork kalua. For dessert I had a napple(?) or something like that. It's basically a pastry filled with a chocolate paste and it was delicious!! I'd come back and get some more to take home, but I don't think I'll be able to do that.

We played Sims2 on PS2 and Ron brought Karaoke Revolution Party for them as a gift, so we played that too. We've been having a great time and I'm looking forward to hitting Costco tomorrow to see what weird things they might sell at this location. I'm planning on cooking some lemony garlic stuffed chicken breasts for dinner tomorrow night, so hopefully the Ron's sister's family likes that!

It's late and I need to get some sleep. Getting three hours of sleep just isn't cutting it! :-)

No comments: