Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Football pool

I am in two football pools this season. I've decided that what I need in my life is more gambling! I would say I'm joking, but really I'm only semi-joking about that. On that note, I'm starting a pool for The Amazing Race, starting up this Sunday, if anyone's interested!

The first pool is a pick'em pool where you pick all the games and rank them with "confidence" points. So for every game you pick correctly, you get the corresponding point value you've given it (ranging from 2-16). You can only use each point value once.

The second one is a suicide pool. It's winner take all and you just pick the team that you're SURE is going to win that week. Once eliminated, you're out for the season. The prize on this one will be approximately 20,500 credits. I am partnered up with Ron on this one.

Results from week 1
I came in first place in my pick'em pool and won 25 credits. It came down to the tiebreaker and I had picked 27 while my rival picked 35. The final score of the SD vs. OAK game? 27-0!! Thank you San Diego!!

We picked NE for the suicide pool and LUCKILY, a safety at the end pulled that one through for us!

No comments: