- Las Vegas - I was invited to see a friend play in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas! So, I'll be headed there to stay in a free hotel room and hope that he wins the big money! I think the jackpot is $8 million or something like that.
- Colorado - My sister is moving to Colorado, so I might be going on a road trip to help her move, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
- Washington, DC - to visit my friend Cindy. This will probably be around Labor Day since that's her birthday time!
- Phoenix - My friend Shane's sister Alix is getting married, so I'm headed out there twice! Once for the bridal shower and then a month later for the wedding. Right after the wedding, I'll be heading to:
- Jackson, MS - to meet my friend Carolyn, her husband and her new baby for the first time! Then I'm heading directly to:
- Dallas - for a gaming convention. It'll be the first time I've ever gone to a convention of any sort. Actually, scratch that. I once went to a comic book convention to stand in line and get an autograph from Scott Bakula. I was having a Quantum Leap fixation at the time. :-)
- Chicago - My friends Josh and Jane moved to Chicago last year and I made a promise to visit them and visit them I will.
Most of them will be for weekends, except for the Phoenix/Jackson/Dallas trip which will be a 10 day trip or so. But it should be fun!! I'd really like to head out to Jacksonville, FL to visit my friends from high school too though. We'll see how it goes.
Now, I just need to start planning what trips I'll take next year. Shane and I have been discussing Fiji. I ran across an old email (because I'm an email packrat!) and she suggested a trip to Hawaii. That would be fun too! Somewhere tropical for sure.