Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I have been thinking about what my new year's resolutions should be. I came up with the most important one is to take better care of myself. That kind of encompasses so many things like: getting enough sleep, eating right and exercising so that I feel good, not falling into the negative thinking trap and in general being more positive.

My financial goals are to:
1. Continue and increase saving money outside of my retirement accounts;
2. Write a will or living trust and a power of attorney for my medical needs;
3. Start investing outside of my retirement accounts;
4. Rebalance my 401k account quarterly;
5. Increase the amount put in my 401k (ultimate goal is to max it out).

The rest need some more thinking... maybe they'll be ready by March! :-)

No comments: