Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Money can't buy happiness...

I saw an article on Yahoo today about how lottery winners can end up broke just like anyone else. The worst bad story in there was about a guy whose brother tried to kill him to get the inheritance. That is just awful!

I guess it goes to show you that money can't buy happiness! Also that some people REALLY don't know how to handle money. It's a skill and the hardest part about saving money is having the discipline to do it!


On a retirement note: I do have a Roth IRA at Vanguard and I just changed the investment. For the last few years, I've been in the Vanguard 500 Index Fund. Last Friday, I switched my IRA to invest in the Vanguard Target Retirement Fund 2045. I don't want to retire in 2045, but I'm trying to be agressively diversified! These new target retirement funds reallocate themselves every year as you get closer to retirement. All I have to do is just keep putting money in there and forget about it.

No comments: