Sunday, November 04, 2012

SoCal Games Day #51

We held SoCal Games Day #51 at the Little White Chapel in Burbank today from 11 AM - 11 PM.  We had a pretty good turnout, about 50+ people there.

A remarkable number right at the opening bell, which is a little unusual, but I think it was because there were two tables of Struggle of Empires happening right at the beginning, so all those guys showed up right on time to learn the game and play.  All told, I think the teach took about an hour and then not sure how long each table took, but I think Jonathan's (the organizer) table took about 4-ish hours to play.  My favorite part?  The same group followed up Struggle of Empires with Hoity Toity, a very lightweight game.  I guess they needed a palatte cleanser after a heavier game.

I played: Ticket to Ride Team Asia, Shogun (for the first time in over a year), Escape (the new Queen game), Industrial Waste, Time's Up! and Tichu twice.

Overall, had a great time.  Tim and Heather came down from Paso Robles so Shane and Jon came down to have dinner with us.  We had *awesome* Lebanese food over at Hayat's Kitchen.  They were super-busy, so the service was slow, but that baklava is worth the wait!

One negative: a guy peed on the floor in the men's room and I had to clean it up.  Thank goodness Karl TOLD ME about it so it could get cleaned up.  He also helped me clean it up, which was very sweet of him. Not sure who did it, but a message will be going on out the games day list tomorrow.

No comments: