Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm officially done...

Friday was insanely busy. It started off with showing up to work to no internet, no printing, and basically no network because the corporate office decided that Friday was going to be the day they decided to change the router to a more "robust" router. The first thing the auditors said was "We can't print..." I was like, "Oh yeah? Me EITHER..." Luckily, it was resolved fairly quickly. While they worked on resolving that I started packing up my office.

The day wore on and it became clear there was NO way I was going to be able to finish everything up and clean up everything. I'm a stacker. I stack paper everywhere, so I had several stacks that needed to be sifted through, but I had to just deal with the auditors and closing the month because those were the priorities.

I went in to work today to finish up everything and finished everything up as much as I could! My desk is completely cleaned out, cleared off, and Marilyn now has a stack of papers to file.

I went out to lunch Friday with the president of the company and my old boss (the former president). It was really fun. They get together for lunch every Friday. I think I might start dropping in on their lunches every month or so just to say "hi"! I went out last night with Marilyn, the new girl and a couple other co-workers for drinks and that was fun.

This past week has been so busy that I haven't really thought about the fact that I will no longer work there. I think next week is gonna be rough. Although, I'm super busy this coming week too! So we'll see. I'm planning on keeping in touch with all my favorites, so I'll get all the good social stuff without any of the stress!!

And maybe I'll finally get to catch up on blogging about everything else!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Good for you! I can't wait to hear how the new job will be. Whenever you leave a job like that one, there is no way to catch up to everything, but I'm sure they're thrilled you finished the audit stuff.