Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hello from Dallas

I've been in Dallas since Monday night. My first official day at work was Tuesday. I'm going to be here training until next Friday. This week I'm training with Robin, the current controller and next week, I'm in the office working with the manager of the consultants and various others I'm sure.

One thing I've been really excited about is the program that our consultants consult on. It's really freakin' cool. It's hard to describe how it works, mainly because I'm not really sure, but the power it holds is amazing. I can't wait to learn more about that!

Other than that, I went out for gaming last night and managed to squeeze in a game of Agricola, Race for the Galaxy and Jetzt Schlagt 13. One of the beautiful side effects of BGG.CON... When I showed up at the cafe where I knew there'd be gaming going on, I ran into Jeff, a fellow BGGer and someone that I met at my first BGG.CON. So, it was nice to see a familiar face and even nicer to see he had a copy of Agricola underneath his Louis XIV (not my favorite game at all).

He invited me over for games on Saturday, so my plan is to game. So much more fun than sitting in the hotel watching "Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead" for the umpteenth time. Although total side note: I forgot Josh Charles is in that movie and damn, he is quite fetching in it!

And another side note: BGG is down for maintenance or something or the other. Boo. I wanted to finally log in all my game plays from Gamex and last night. Oh well. Tomorrow I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, in re: Josh Charles.

Just in case something else might be on your hotel TV....

JOSH CHARLES (Just movies)
Fast Track
Four Brothers
Seeing Other People
S.W.A.T.
Meeting Daddy
Muppets from Space
Little City
Cyclops, Baby
Pie in the Sky
The Grave
Crossworlds
Coldblooded
Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
Threesome (Lara Flynn Boyle, actually sexy, before she was a frightening skeleton-woman)
Crossing the Bridge
Dead Poets Society
Hairspray