- almost 10 lbs. of flour
- 5+ lbs of butter
- 3+ lbs. of sugar
- 2 lbs. of bacon
It was a full house! Chris came early and helped me take some old games to Goodwill and pick out/up a Christmas tree. I'm in LOVE with the one we picked. It's beautiful and perfect. I started decorating it while cookies were in the oven and let me say, Brian and I did a fabulous job at proper light distribution! It is one good looking tree.
Travis and Shane stopped by to bake and play some Guitar Hero. Brian and his girlfriend Martha came over and brought Cynthia, a co-worker/friend of Martha's. She's German and has lived here for two years. She seemed to have a lot of fun baking the cookies. They were here most of the day.
In total we made:
- Bacon chocolate chip cookies - 4 dozen
- Snickerdoodles - 4-5 dozen
- Almond Crescents - 10 dozen
- Oatmeal Scotchies with chocolate chips - 4 dozen
- Sugar cookies (some iced and decorated!) - 3 dozen (more dough to roll)
- Jam Thumbprints - 4 dozen
- Snowball cookies (pecan shortbread balls coated with powdered sugar) - 8 dozen
Brian getting ready to stir in the bacon
Almond Crescents, Snowball Cookies and a lone Bacon Chocolate Chip cookie
The Sugar Cookie inspired by Dexter!!
It was tiring, but fun. Now I have plenty of cookies for my bosses' and co-workers' cookie baskets on Monday. I'm definitely ready to go to sleep!