Thursday, March 30, 2006

Indian Food

I have been really lax about posting. I've had awesome stuff to post about, but I just haven't made it to the computer to sit down for 20 minutes to write it down. That being said, yesterday was my birthday! And this year, it's a five day celebration!!

First we had a March Babies birthday party on St. Patrick's Day. We had a fabulous time! There are three of us at work who have March birthdays plus Tom whose birthday is April Fool's Day, so we claim him as ours!

Then, Lincoln & Nikki took me out for Indian food which I had never eaten in a restaurant before. I've made curry at home but that's about it. They took me to Anarbagh Indian Cuisine in Woodland Hills. It was delicious!!! They picked out their favorite dishes, plus I picked one out that sounded interesting. Here's a picture of them with the food!

Lincoln & Nikki at Anarbagh

Starting from the bottom left and going clockwise, we had Beef Vindaloo (hot beef curry prepared with lemon juice & potato), Chicken Mango Masala, Chicken 65 (boneless chicken sauteed with yogurt and spices), and Sag Paneer (spinach & cheese cooked with onions, tomatoes and herbs). Everything was so yummy. I told them that I could go eat there every week.

I love spicy food, so I was wondering, how have I never eaten Indian food before? I won't let that trend continue. In fact, I could probably try making some at home. I will definitely go back there again. The sauces were yummy and I love having saucy rice, so it was perfect!!

No comments: