Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dante's Chicken & Ribs in Eagle Rock

Last Friday, Jason, Jodi & I went to Dante's Chicken and Ribs (a new BBQ joint near the house) for dinner. The interior is like a fast food place. There are only three small tables inside, so it's kind of cramped. Nothing too fabulous as far as the "looks" of the place.

As for the menu... When Jodi & I saw deep fried pickles on the menu, we knew we had to give it a try!! They were delicious!! The ribs were just OK, but the pickles and fries were delicious.

Deep-fried pickles


French fries

I think the fries were the best thing from Dante's. I had a half slab of ribs, Jason had a combo plate with ribs, sausage and chicken breast and Jodi had the sausage plate. All the meat was slightly overcooked, but their fried food rocked!! I love spicy food, but I think their spicy sauce is too hot and not enough flavor. I will definitely order the house sauce next time. I think too that the ribs tasted better after they sat in the fridge a couple days and we microwaved them. I think the microwaving added some moisture to them.

However, we saw a table next to us with a Kobe beef cheeseburger that looked delicious! That will be the next thing I try. Overall, it's OK. I give it a 6.5 out of 10 and really, it's probably a 5.5 without the fries.

No comments: