Friday, January 02, 2009

Twilight

Over Thanksgiving break, I read Twilight, which is as my friend Shannon describes it: "It's like Sweet Valley High meets a vampire novel!" It's a total teenager love story that is thoroughly enjoyable. I loved it!!

It seems to be very popular with the ladies, regardless of age... Right around the time I was reading it, I found out that Greg's sister has read all of them, my sister was reading Twilight and has subsequently read the second novel New Moon, and Shannon has been blazing through them too. I can't wait to start New Moon myself!

I should probably add reading more to my New Year's Resolutions... Still working on what those will be exactly...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atlas Shrugged. :)

Stephanie said...

Yes! I'll add it to the list! :)

Unknown said...

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, Book 1) by Robert Jordan

This series of books are Hitchcock-like, not in his psychological thriller way, but in his "ordinary person thrust into extraordinary circumstances" (North by Northwest or The Man Who Knew too Much) sort of way.
They also have strong women characters like Joss Whedon or James Cameron have in their stories.
I enjoy how Jordan has his characters motivated by self-interest and are often at cross purposes even though they are on the same general side - both on the good and later in the series, the evil side.