Monday, June 16, 2008

Race for the Galaxy: Home Decor

My friends know me. They know what I'm enthusiastic about and even though I haven't been posting about it lately, I'm still crazy about Race for the Galaxy (192 plays since Christmas and hoping to greatly add to that this weekend!). My friend Seth sent a gift via Mike for my birthday and when I saw Mike pulling out a rolled up poster, I started screaming with joy and jumping up and down in circles because I knew it had to be a Race for the Galaxy poster! And it was!! So, a very public "THANK YOU SETH!" for my favorite poster in the world (at least for now...)!

So, I took it and got a cool black anodized custom frame made and hung it in my dining room so I can look at it whenever I want while playing games. Here's what it looks like...



And a step back...


Isn't that awesome?!?!
*happy dance*
OK, that's it for now...

6 comments:

Seth Jaffee said...

You are welcome! The framed poster looks good!
I'm glad I could be responsible for your "favorite poster" as well as your "favorite GH shirt"

:-)

Stephanie said...

You're definitely a good gift picker!! :-)

I adore the poster. Not sure if it will help me get any dates, but oh well! Love me, love my game-loving-ness! :-)

Pappy said...

Holy crap, that's *phenomenal*! I must have one of those.

Pappy said...

Dagnabbit! You could only get it from Essen :( (I even see your post about 'missing it')

Sigh. Know that I am insanely jealous.

Stephanie said...

Incorrect, sir!

You can email Jay at Rio Grande Games and he'll sell you one... and at a VERY reasonable price! At least I know he sent one to one of my friends who saw mine and had to have one! :-)

http://www.riograndegames.com/

I think I have his email address around here too somewhere...

Pappy said...

Hehe. After seeing the Essen thing, I figured 'what the heck' and emailed Jay :) Good to hear that it may actually work!