Friday, January 20, 2006

Games Day

A couple Saturdays ago, I was invited by my friend Lincoln to go to another guy's house for games 10 AM - 2 AM!! I only was there from about 11:30 AM - 5:15 PM though. I got there late because I had to take my cat to the vet because he was limping when I woke up (poor baby!). He's fine now though.

When I arrived, the first game I played was Mesopotamia with Ryan, Greg and Michael (?). Amazingly, I was the only person who had actually played the game because it's fairly new. I was shocked!! I managed to explain the game to everyone's satisfaction and ended up winning. The cool thing was that I met a couple new people that were really cool. Here's a picture of the game board:

Mesopotamia

Next, I played Aqua Romana with Ryan, Greg and Lincoln. This game was pretty cool. I think I would need to play it a few more times to get a good feel for a strategy. I think Ryan won this one by one point. Greg and I tied for second and Lincoln came in last.

Aqua Romana

Then Lincoln, Ryan and I played Techno Witches. This game was fun and challenges your spatial skills. You have to plot out your witch's path on her broomstick. I won this game by a long shot. And I thought guys were supposed to be more spatially adept. I guess not! At least not at our table! This was fun and very different than any other game I've played so far. Sorry, no picture of this one.

Devon then joined us and we played crokinole. I've seen this so many times at the SoCal Games Days, but I've never actually played. It was fun, but stressful. I scored two bullseyes in a row at the very end when it really counted. It was awesome! Ryan was my partner, so I'm glad I didn't let him down. Once I learned to line up my finger properly, I did a lot better! I'd like to try it again. Here's a picture of the board with Lincoln and Ryan.

Lincoln and Ryan playing crokinole.

My final game was with Rich, Marc G, Jonathan (the host) and someone else but I can't remember his name. We played Alhambra and I came in dead last. I had played this once before but it was two years ago or something like that. It was fun!

Overall, I had a great time and hope to repeat the day! I had to leave early to go meet Jason for dinner and that was awesome too.

No comments: